EDITED 2 November 2015
I got this in an email a long time ago. No idea who wrote it or where it originated…but I think it is very pertinent in the current climate. Thought I’d share.
“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE:
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. “Free” men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don’t know your rights you don’t have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
11. What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand?
12. The 2nd Amendment in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911 – government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control — it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the “gun control laws” we HAVE, don’t make more.
24. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would’ve never happened with gun control.
26. “A government of the people, by the people, and for the people…”
PLEASE PASS THIS “REFRESHER” ON TO FREE CITIZENS
2 November 2015
There was an armed robbery thwarted in Chicago yesterday by a citizen with a CC permit. The criminal was killed and no one else was hurt. There was question as to whether the man who kept the robbery – or any other possible crime – from happening would be charged.
As always, reading through the “Comments” section of the story in question is enlightening and educational about people. One poster included the following and I thought I’d share here:
The 13 Rules of Gun Fighting
These are the rules of gun fighting everyone should know
Have a gun.
Some words to the wise. Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.
1) Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
2) It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
3) Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you. (remember this truism at all times)
4) Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length.
5) Never say “I’ve got a gun.” If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off. (“Glock’s” are the exception to this rule…)
6) The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. (the police are there to fill out the crime scene report…make sure that you are still there to so that it’s an accurate report)
7) The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.
8) Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets…You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, cause it’ll be empty.
9) If you’re in a gun fight:
If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
If you’re not shooting, moving or loading, you’re probably dead… or soon to be.
10) In a life and death situation, do something…It may be wrong, but do something!
11) If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
12) You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s forehead is pretty much….. universal language.
13) You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.